Even though my kids are long past the diaper stage, I could not live without diaper wipes. I currently have about 6 packages lying around the house. They literally do EVERYTHING.
Just as an example, here are some places I have used a diaper wipe in the last few months.
- Black boots – whipped one out to clean off the scuff marks and shine ’em up like new.
- Baseboards – during a recent marathon phone conversation, took to wiping down all baseboard trim in kitchen and bathroom. It’s shocking the amount of missage along the beadboard in the bathroom. I yell Lift the seat each time my son hits the bathroom, but, well, he’s 8.
- Black wool coat and fleece jackets – removed all dog hair with a swipe of a wipe.
- Car dashboard – wiped down and removed dust, pollen and grime.
- Coffee stains on kitchen floor – done.
- Coffee stains on white dog’s head – done. (Checkers is old and in need of attention and will always knock your hand as you sip coffee. Hence,spillage.)
- Shoe scuff marks and crayon marks on floors and walls – gone.
- Dried toothpaste marks on bathroom counter – wiped away.
- Removed hard water and green magnesium (or copper, don’t really know here) from bathroom sink basin.
- Removed toothpaste stain from daughter’s clothing.
- Removed magic marker from daughter’s body. I know. I know. But what’s a mom to do? It’s better than a tattoo.
- Removed food marks from son’s pants that he uses as a napkin. He’s 8 and I hope he grows out of this.
- Sticky pancake syrup from kids’ hands – gone.
- Hand cleaner at the park, ski lodge and après bowling.
- Quick clean up after an art project.
- Dust collector on top of TV console, window sills, and various wood surfaces that have gotten neglected since I started blogging.
- Stain remover from clothing and my beige carpet – This is just an amazing thing. Pen marks come out of a white shirt, dirt off the rug, even a little stain from a doggie accident is no match for this herculean household hero.
And my all time favorite thing for a diaper wipe – blowing my nose when I have a cold. I am not kidding. I started this when I had a sinus infection a few years back and all that was available was a wipe as all the tissues had been used and my nose was a wreck. It was like a spa for my nose. The cold, moist feeling against my battered nose was heaven. Seriously, I know talking about blowing noses is gross, but I am telling you, this works great. You’ll thank me.
So there you have it. Keep those wipes around. And if you don’t have kids, go out and buy a pack. I prefer the Target brand Up and Up over any other brand. I am sure there are plenty of other uses for this household item. If you know of one, send it my way because diaper wipes will have staying power my house.